- The Northern Cape regional Alzheimer’s office is in Kimberley where the regional office opened in 2009 under the auspices of the ACVV.
- A Regional Committee, affiliated to the South African Alzheimer’s Association overrules the work done in the region.
- New members are welcome to join the association with a nominal annual membership fee.
- The services escalated to the extent of 1 senior social worker, 1 social worker and 2 social auxiliary workers.
- Members of staff are available in the Frances Baard District (Kimberley) and ZF Mgcawu District (Upington) to attend to the needs of people affected by Dementia.
- Counseling and information help individuals and families to understand the devastating impact of Dementia Diseases.
- Presentations make people aware of Dementia Diseases and prevent certain Dementia Diseases by lifestyle changes.
- The Alzheimer’s Association aims to combat abuse by uninformed people who sometimes accuse sufferers as being bewitched.
- Training courses enable caregivers to improve care of demented patients who often are abused even by loved ones who cannot cope.
- The interest of the broader Northern Cape region is met by internet and telephonic conversations.
- Other services in the rest of the region are subject to Project funding.
- It is the mission of the Northern Cape Alzheimer’s Association to support those affected by Dementia Diseases. Call us by telephone call or email.
- Please support us to maintain and extend our services in the Northern Cape by joining as an Alzheimer’s member and /or donate to the Association.
The Manager – Northern Cape Alzheimer’s Association
Regional Tel: 087 150 5058 or 083 415 1484
National Helpline: 086 0102 681 (8:00-9:00)