Western Cape Trials
STARSHINE are looking for participants to take part in a clinical research study looking at a potential new treatment for mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease.
To be able to join the STARSHINE study you must be:
– diagnosed with probable Alzheimer’s diease
– aged 50 years and over
– able to communicate with study doctors
– have a caregiver who can communicate with study doctors and will join you during every visit
– be able to walk independently or assisted
– free from other conditions which affect mental ability, such as schizophrenia or Parkinson’s disease
– taking a medication containing donepezil for at least 6 months
All study-related medicines and consultations during the study will be free of charge and reasonable travel, parking and food expenses will be paid.i
You may receive an investigational treatment, designed to help improve memory, thinking and reasoning.
You will receive the best standard of medical care.
If this is you or someone you know, please contact Sister Marga Freestone on 083 734 3648 for more information.
Another clinical trial: The Cognitive/AD trial is evaluating the safety and effectiveness of a study medication used in mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease patients currently or previously taking: Aricept (Donepezil Hydrochloride), Reminyl (Galantamine), Exelon (Rivastigmine).
To find out fore information or to find out if you are eligible, please contact 021-852 8927 or 082 400 5279.